Are you Experiencing Hair Loss?
As a woman, noticing hair loss can be unnerving. It is very normal to lose around 100 hairs a day, but if you’re noticing clumps of hair coming out in the shower or a huge amount of hair falling out when you brush your hair, you may be noticing hair loss. Though quite a scary process, there are oftentimes solutions to hair loss – especially if you figure out what’s actually causing the hair loss in the first place.
Causes of Hair Loss
There are hundreds of different things that may be causing your hair loss, but some are more common than others. If you are going through menopause, deficient in certain vitamins like vitamin D, if you’re anemic, have just had a baby, or you wear hairstyles that pull your hair super tight, you may be experiencing accelerated hair loss. BUT by treating the root cause of the condition, along with products that encourage hair growth, you can reduce the chances of hair loss and increase the speed at which your hair grows, and the overall thickness of your hair!
How To Combat Hair Loss Naturally
Before you start using products to combat hair loss, it is oftentimes a good idea to try and change up your lifestyle a bit to see if that helps. If it doesn’t, that’s when hair growth supplements, shampoos and conditioners come in! Here are some of our best tips and tricks for sprucing up your life for your hair!
To have beautiful hair, you need to be eating right! If you’re only eating fatty, greasy, processed foods, your hair isn’t going to thank you… You need to make sure you’re eating a good mix of fruits and vegetables, carbs, proteins, and healthy fats. You know what they say – everything in moderation! In order for your hair to thrive, it needs copious amounts of vitamins and minerals, and without the right nutrients, you will probably experience hair loss. Here are some of our top foody picks that are great for your hair;
- Spinach – it is packed with vitamin A and C that are both known for helping with hair growth. It is also full of iron which is key to getting oxygen to your hair follicles.
- Cheese – is bursting with B vitamins, which are KEY for strong, healthy, and happy hair! B vitamins regulate our oil glands, help to repair tissue damage, and to keep your hair healthy overall.
- Eggs – are full of protein, biotin and lots of other nutrients that are really effective at stimulating hair growth. Biotin works to strengthen the hair shaft, and to stimulate hair growth overall. Protein is also converted into Keratin which is the protein that predominantly makes up the hair shaft and is very important for reducing hair loss and promoting hair growth.
- Chicken – is a great source of protein which is key for making the proteins that the body needs in order to maintain the hair shaft and keep the hair in tip top shape!
- Red meat – not only is red meat a great source of protein, but it is also an amazing source of iron. Iron is super important for your circulatory system and if you’re deficient in it, you can develop anemia. By ensuring that you are taking in an adequate amount of iron, you ensure that your hair is getting enough oxygen and nutrients, and it therefore has all that it needs to grow and remain healthy.
- Oranges – are packed with vitamin C which is really important for hair growth. Vitamin C works against free radicals that are caused by oxidative stress and can cause premature hair loss. Therefore, by consuming citrus fruits like oranges you can really help to eliminate free radicals and thus premature hair loss!
Making sure that exercise is part of your daily routine makes sure that your body, mind, and soul are kept healthy! Your hair actually really benefits from any exercise that you do! Sweating helps to de-clog your pores and promote circulation around your body. It also helps to reduce stress levels, which is also a key contributing factor to hair loss. By working out 2-3 times a week, you give your body a chance to essentially expel all of the dirt that’s in your pores and get your blood flowing to where it needs to be, keeping your hair healthy and happy.
Some of our favourite low intensity workouts are;
- Long walks at a brisk pace
- Light jogging
- Swimming laps
- Cycling at a leisurely pace
These workouts get your body moving and a lot of the time are enjoyable to do and don’t feel like a chore or major commitment!
Products to Use to Combat Hair Loss
Even though eating well and exercising can really do wonders for your hair, sometimes it needs an extra little push to really get growing and to thicken up! One of the most effective ways to get your hair back to your long youthful locks is to use hair growth shampoo and pair it with hair growth conditioner. After your hair is deeply cleansed using a hair growth shampoo, lathering it in hair growth conditioner essentially saturates it with amazing nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that do wonders for hair growth. You should, however, make sure that you’re using a brand that uses natural ingredients that is clinically proven to work, like KeraHealth. Their hair growth shampoo and conditioner are both packed with nutrients and both complement each other really well. The conditioner really works to nourish and repair your hair, using ingredients like coconut oil, aloe vera, niacin, biotin, vitamin C, and vitamin A. Your hair will feel strong silky and smooth after using the product, and it is clinically proven to work to stimulate hair growth as well!
Why not start your hair care journey with an ethical, environmentally friendly, and clinically proven brand like KeraHealth today? The follicle hero conditioner is amazing – especially when you couple it with the follicle hero shampoo, as well as their supplements!
TAKE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF VITAMINS FOR YOUR HAIR
Formulated to help fill gaps in women's diets.*SHOP KERAHEALTH HAIR