Gluten, Sugar, Dairy-free Oat Bread
- 2 cups Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast (most yeasts such as Bakers yeast is gluten free)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a mixing bowl combine the milk and oats, leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- 3. To oat mixture add flaxseed, water, oil and vinegar, gluten free flour, baking soda, yeast and salt. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- 4. Leave for 20 minutes at room temp, covered with a damp tea cloth.
- 5. Put mixture into loaf tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle some oats on top.
- 6. Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden brown and baked through. Allow to sit and cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely on cooling rack.
Tip: This bread is great to slice and freeze.