Over 40% of women experience hair loss or a reduction of hair growth. Hair loss or a slowdown in hair growth can be caused by many different factors including:
- Menopause – change in hormones such as oestrogen and progesterone can cause hair loss
- Stress – causes a type of hair loss called telogen effluvium
- Heat damage – even the best curlers and straighteners can cause heat damage, which makes your hair dry, brittle and prone to breakage
- Pregnancy – hormone changes and stress during pregnancy can cause hair loss
- Genetics – genetics can cause male and female pattern hair loss
- Bad diet – a lack of nutrients such as iron, omega-3, iron, protein and niacin can slow hair growth
- Chemicals – chemicals in bleach and hair dyes can damage the hair
- Sulphates, parabens, DEA and TEA – are often found in commercial shampoos!!
- Avoiding haircuts – can cause split ends to move up the hair follicle and breakages occur
- Product and dead skin cell build-up on the scalp – can stop hair growth
- Excess sebum – sebum is good for the hair but in excess it can make the scalp oily which affects the growth cycle. It can also cause yeast and fungus growth, which causes dandruff and hair loss
Result of Using Scalp Massager Brushes
Massaging your scalp daily can produce amazing results. Scalp massages increase the blood microcirculation to the scalp. This provides the hair follicles with lots of oxygen and the essential nutrients for hair growth and hair health. A study showed a significant increase in hair thickness from the use of a scalp massager bush.
Massaging also gently exfoliates the scalp to help get rid of the dead skin cell, excess sebum and product build-up that prevent hair growth. If you allow buildup to take over, you will slowly start to see that your hair growth becomes stunted and it will begin to go limp and stay greasy. Using the scalp massager brush not only makes your hair a lot cleaner, but it prevents dandruff and increases hair growth.
Scalp massaging really helps absorb all the great ingredients in your conditioner into your roots and scalp to help nourish your hair and keep it healthy. It helps to distribute product and/or oil evenly through your hair keeping each hair strand as moisturized as the next and really opens the pores in your scalp so that it can absorb as much product as possible!
It is also a great way to reduce stress through decreasing cortisol levels and increasing the amount of mood enhancing serotonin produced. Decreased stress levels mean that our organs can function more efficiently. This boosts the ability of follicles to grow our hair. Reducing stress also combats telogen effluvium – which is stress-induced hair loss.
KeraHealth Scalp Energizer
This scalp massager is made of soft hypo-allergenic silicon teeth. It provides all the hair health benefits to get your hair into its best condition! The silicon teeth do not damage the scalp and hair follicles like some harsher scalp massagers do. It is amazing for promoting microcirculation and distributing all the natural oils your scalp produces evenly throughout your hair. Why not start your hair care journey with KeraHealth today – invest in yourself and trust us, you won’t regret it!
If you want some more information on the KeraHealth scalp massager, check out one of our recent articles Scalp Massager For Hair Growth, or why don’t you hop on over to our website and take a quick look at some of our amazing hair growth products!
TAKE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF VITAMINS FOR YOUR HAIR
Formulated to help fill gaps in women's diets.*SHOP KERAHEALTH HAIR